Having fresh herbs for your dinner, salads, lunches or whatever else is definitely something that most people like to indulge in but often takes quite a bit of time to prepare. I have heard about the scissors and always wanted a pair for myself because our family uses fresh herbs on a daily basis and I think it really cut down on the amount of prep time that is involved when adding these to our meals.
There are so many different models out there because they are so popular but I chose to go with these ones because they had some of the best reviews, are made from stainless steel, have larger oversized handles and come in a little kit that you clean the blades with the overall it was probably one of the better models out there.
These scissors typically have anywhere from 3 to 5 blades and are usually made from stainless steel to prevent them from rusting and that that the metal is a lot easier to clean than other types and a lot more sanitary on top of that. Not all models will have larger oversized handles but the ones that do make cutting tougher materials such as jalapeno peppers a lot easier and gives you more leverage to cut through them with less effort.
The it basically comes with the scissors and a cleaning tool that make it more complete package and a lot easier to use. If you do happen to lose the cleaning tool is not really that big of a deal because the blades are easy enough to clean, according to reviewers. These particular herb scissors, where a lifetime guarantee as well which is always a nice piece of mind when buying any item.
What They Will Cut:
- Herbs: These obviously work great for a wide assortment of different herbs because that's what they were made for in the first place.
- Vegetables: They can even cut a few different vegetables including onions, mushrooms, a variety of different peppers and so on.
- Deli Meats: Deli meats are also another food that these herb scissors definitely cut and are a lifesaver if you like to put these in salads.
- Dried Fruits: Dried fruits are also writing you can get up in the smaller pieces using the scissors and make great garnishments.
- Other Stuff: Really, it into whatever will fit into the blades when the scissors are open and can't be too hard, other than that everything else is fair game.
What Reviewers Are Saying:
A lot of the reviewers really like how much time is saved in the kitchen and was by far one of the biggest praises that these herb scissors got. Another talking point that many reviewers brought up was the fact that nothing really sticks to the blades, even wet herbs, tank cleaning the blades is pretty simple to do and takes seconds. That's good to know because one of the downsides in my mind was actually cleaning the scissors after you're done.